Events Focus on Customer Experience, Brand Strategy and Social Media Communications
NEW YORK January 23, 2012 – Siegel+Gale today announced speaking engagements for its top executives and thought leaders in the first quarter of 2012. Based in the global strategic branding firm’s New York and Los Angeles offices, these speakers will deliver key insights at prominent branding, technology and marketing conferences across the country.
Siegel+Gale will share its “Simple is Smart” perspective on numerous topics—including the power of social media, improving the customer experience and branding strategies that companies employ to expand their businesses—during these important industry events:
- On January 25th at the Conference Board’s Corporate Image and Branding Conference, Thomas Mueller, Siegel+Gale’s global director of customer experience, will present on how to do “social media the right way.”
- Howard Belk, co-CEO and chief creative officer, and Brian Rafferty, global director of customer insights, will speak at Columbia University’s BRITE 2012 event on March 6th. Mr. Belk and Mr. Rafferty will present the findings of Siegel+Gale’s recently published Global Brand Simplicity Index and reveal why simplicity is an essential part of building and sustaining a lasting and profitable brand.
- Jason Cieslak, managing director for Siegel+Gale’s West Coast offices, will participate in Worldwide Business Research’s Next Generation Customer Experience conference. His panel session on “Empowering Your Employees to Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience” will take place on March 26th. Together with executives from Kohl’s and Zappos, Jason will discuss the importance of empowering employees to make decisions with the customer in mind.
- At the Advanced Learning Institute conference on March 28th in Vancouver, Canada, Siegel+Gale’s Strategy Director Kathleen Kindle will present the session “How to Make the Most out of Social Media.” Ms. Kindle will provide a step-by-step process for using internal communications to advance brands.
- Thomas Mueller and Rob Harles, global head of social media with Bloomberg LP, will headline the closing keynote session at Customer Engagement Technology World (CETW) on March 29th. This event focuses on leveraging the integration of emerging media across multiple channels to activate customer engagement.
“Our speakers are deeply involved in helping organizations apply the powerful concept of simplicity to communications and experiences across all touchpoints,” said Gail Nelson, Global CMO at Siegel+Gale. “They look forward to sharing our experiences with industry peers and learning from them as well.”
Siegel+Gale is a global strategic branding firm committed to building world-class brands through elegantly simple, unexpectedly fresh strategies, stories and experiences. With Simple is Smart as its operating philosophy, Siegel+Gale delivers powerful services in brand development, simplification, research and digital strategy.
Since its founding by branding pioneer Alan Siegel in 1969, Siegel+Gale has helped drive business results for brands such as Aetna, American Express, Bank of America, China Youth Development Foundation, Dell, Dow Chemical Company, The Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the Internal Revenue Service, The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Microsoft, Motorola, Pfizer, Qatar Telecom, SAP, Sony PlayStation, Yahoo! and the YMCA.
Siegel+Gale has offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Hamburg, Dubai, Shanghai and Beijing and strategic partnerships around the world as a member of the Omnicom Group of companies.